With a new year upon us, it’s sometimes interesting to look backwards. 2018 for us was a year of good blogging. Here, we recap the most popular posts on Anticipat’s blog in the year of 2018.
Top 10 most visited posts in 2018 in order of highest unique page views
1) The PTAB quietly hit a milestone in June in reversing Alice Section 101 rejections
2) Update: These firms overturn abstract idea (Alice) rejections on appeal at PTAB
3) Understanding the Examiner Answer: analyze anything new and contest as needed
4) Berkheimer’s biggest effect on PTAB outcomes
5) How the biggest patent firms (Finnegan, Fish, Knobbe) do on appeal
6) Obviousness Reversal Rates Across Tech Centers: Unexpected Results
7) Expect the Berkheimer-driven patent-eligibility pendulum to swing at the PTAB
8) Business methods making comeback on appeal at the Board–Citing Berkheimer PTAB panel holds Examiner must show evidence
9) Board panel citing Berkheimer to reverse judicial exception rejection to diagnostics claims: no evidence
10) Number of abstract idea rejections decided at PTAB for August 2018 higher than ever, but reversal rate treads water
Of course, the order of these posts does not completely correlate with the most interesting or relevant content. Some of the popular posts were published at the beginning of the year, with more time to be accessed, while other posts were published late in the year. Also, some posts were arbitrarily provided to be shared on higher-profile media, giving it a broader audience.
A big lesson from these posts is that patent-eligibility, Berkheimer and abstract ideas were very interesting topics in 2018.